Oh this blog has been so neglected this week! I miss it! I’m hoping to be back in the ‘real world’ this week as I (slooowly!) awake from this flu fog. For all you mamas (as it really seems to hit the moms the hardest for some reason) who have been hit with this flu: hang in there!
It’s late and I must crash, but a quick post of bullets:
- Jeremy had 4 days with us in October, and will not return home until December 22nd. In most ways, it makes sense. We’re looking ahead to a slow spring/summer with the company, and still on very shaky ground from the past year. Also, the back-and-forth just wasn’t working so well when the days off were so few and the drive takes up half of them. So, we’re doing this. And we’ll see. Today, well, it would have been nice to have the kiddo’s Papa home.
- I’ve gone without cooking ‘real’ food for about two weeks. I just haven’t had it in me, and for me, well, that’s weird! Funny enough, two weeks was all it took for Knightley to develop a ketchup addiction and Jeremiah to snag chicken fingers from the deli and say, “But they’re still good for me…right mama?” Got some backtracking ahead.
- I’ve started a bit of crafting again (after a long time away!). My first attempts have been amusing, to say the least.
- J worked 98 hours last week. That’s crazy. I worked 168—ha
- My husband refuses to consider any names but the two he began with before this kiddo was conceived. Great. I’m totally going to cave. Annoying.
- I just remembered that I pulled a trout from the freezer and stuck it in the bag of Christmas decorations I was carrying in from the garage. I believe it is still there…. Hm. I supposed I should check it out.