you know you’re past due when:
- When you eat 5 fresh pineapples in as many days
- When your new answering machine message makes you giggle with sarcastic delight
- When you go for a midnight run through the streets in pj pants and skidoo boots cuz you can’t sleep and this just might work
- When you crave everything but have an appetite for nothing
- When the pain of labour seems…appealing.
- When passerbys give you the same expression they’d give a dog about to be shot
- When comments about a New Year’s baby have shifted to jokes about a Valentine’s one
- When you eat Caesar salad and chocolate cookies for breakfast, just cuz
- When your post-partum baking stash has been consumed
- When you begin to wonder if you can “give up pregnancy” for Lent
- When the mamas who were due a week past you are already at home with their new babes
- When the cookies baked for the delivery nurses are eaten and the cake baked a week later is stale.
- When the oil riggers working around your husband actually know there’s a baby coming and wonder why it hasn’t arrived
- When your children plead, “No mama, not another walk….”
- When you’ve outgrown your maternity pants
- When you’ve consumed your own as well as your peer group’s stash of castor oil
When you wonder if it’s physically possible to simply be pregnant forever….
(we all need a laugh sometimes, right? Best to you this gorgeous Sunday! Rejoicing in the sunshine and warmth and Hope…)